Now Hiring: Accounting Manager1 min read
A Manager in the Accounting department manages customer accounts and directly provides primarily controllership & CFO-level services, and reviews financial reports and selected work-papers for quality control & accuracy.
Chargeable work (70% of total hours)
CFO/Controllership Services & Account Management
• Provides supervision to customer accountants
• Monitors cash needs of customers
• Prepares grant review or claim forms and consults regarding grant pursuit and receipt (NFP)
• Interfaces with customer’s external financial relationships
• Consults regarding the hiring of customer accounting/finance/leadership professionals
• Supervises completion of compilations and reviews.
• Completes complex aspects of compilations and reviews.
• Takes lead on complex CFO/controllership engagements
• Conducts final review of jobs (reports)
• Designs budget templates and oversee preparation of budgets and projections
• Discusses strategic items with business owners
Non-chargeable (30% of total hours)
Customer Account Management
• Monitors customer satisfaction
• Manages any customer satisfaction issues that arise
• Proactively identifies areas where Simons Bitzer can further help the customer and pursues provision of these additional services
• Participates in activities related to growing the department and maximizing productivity and profitability
Employee Management & Development
• Participates in employee selection
• Leads new Senior Accountants in the department through their onboarding process
• Conducts performance evaluations of Senior Accountants
• Participates in company meetings
• Participates in the company’s LinkedIn presence
• Contributes ideas and feedback regarding company marketing efforts
• Participates in marketing/sales activities as requested
• Participates in internal and external training and informal learning activities in order to maintain up-to-date accounting knowledge
Additional responsibilities may be assigned.
• Demonstration of strong customer service both internally and externally.
• Demonstration of utmost professionalism in appearance, communication and manner both internally and externally.
• Demonstration of ethical, honest behavior at all times.
• Demonstration of capacity to work independently with limited guidance from customers or colleagues.
• Demonstration of commitment to continuous improvement internally and externally.
• Demonstration of work/life balance and positive stress management.
• Work at the Simons Bitzer office and customer sites
• Most work during standard office hours
• Additional evening/weekend hours necessary January-March
• Must be able to drive to/from customer sites
• Extensive computer work
• Education: Bachelor’s degree required; completion of CPA required
• Experience: At least 7 years as an accountant; public accounting experience desired
• Technical competencies: Quickbooks, Microsoft Office
• Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle